I have enjoyed reading Parade magazine For Ever! Lately the Parade magazine has had some great articles on Healthy Eating Habits, Getting Started with a Healthy Fitness Program and this great Women’s Health Quiz. Here is the web site link: http://www.parade.com/health/quiz/parade-womens-health-quiz.html You can read the Health Experts advice and take your own quiz.
Here are some interesting questions and answers that pertain to all of us:
1. Which fruit can help prevent osteoporosis? a)Blueberries b)Pomegranates c)Apples d)Prunes
Answer-Prunes! Researchers found that women who eat 6 to 10 prunes a day have significantly higher bone density.
2. True or false? After menopause, women should see their dentist more often. a)True b)False
Answer-True! Women of this age group are at greater risk for periodontal disease.
3. True or false? Snagging a piece of your kids’ Halloween candy could help you live longer.
Answer: True! The key is to just a few sweets a months, some sugar is needed for your Health!
4. Which piece of Mom’s advice has been scientifically found to reduce stress in females? a)“Eat your vegetables b)“Stand up straight.” c)“Wear clean underwear.” d)“Call your mother.”
Answer- “Call your Mother”! Recent research from the University of Wisconsin suggests that simply hearing Mom’s voice at the end of the line can boost a child’s levels of oxytocin, a bonding hormone that helps reduce stress. Wish My Mom Was Around to Chat!
5. How many hours of shut-eye per night do women need, on average, for a long, healthy life? a)6 hours b)7 hours c)8 hours
Answer- 6 hours! A 14-year study by the University of California, San Diego, found that when it comes to longevity, the sweet spot is between five and six and a half hours each night—any more or less could shave time off your life. Scientists say the results should allay anxiety for women who fear they aren’t getting enough zzz’s.
6. True or false? Most women who get breast cancer have a family history of the disease. a)True b)False
Answer: False! More than 75 percent of women with breast cancer have no family history of the disease. It’s important for all women to be screened yearly beginning at age 40.
7. What’s the biggest health threat for women under 40? a)Childbirth b)Accidents c)Cervical cancer
Answer: Accidents! Look twice before crossing the street! According to the CDC, accidents are the leading cause of death in women ages 19 to 39. “Most of those deaths are due to car crashes, but falls, drownings, and firearms are also to blame,” says Dr. Hope Ricciotti, author of The Real Life Body Book.
8. Scientists have found that “supermoms” are at a higher risk for which condition? a)Depression
b)Migraines c)Ulcers d)All of the above
9. Which of the following can delay the onset of menopause? a)Eating a healthy diet b)Having children
c)Reducing stress d)None of the above
10. A daily glass of which beverage can help women stay slim? a)Milk b)Beer c)Cranberry juice d)Diet soda
11. True or false? Birth control pills can affect your memory. a)True b)False
12. Which health issue costs women the most money (in diagnosis and treatment) every year? a)Incontinence b)Breast cancer c)The flu
13. Which of these is an actual medical condition caused by a women’s fashion trend? a)Heavy Purse–itis
b)Tingling Thigh Syndrome c)Stiletto Toe
Let me hear from you. What are your answers to the last 6 questions? Are you a pro at knowing how to keep yourself healthy?
Here is the link from Parade magazine, http://www.parade.com/health/quiz/parade-womens-health-quiz.html If you want to take this quiz and a few more, Men’s Health Quiz or Family Health Quiz, they all provide great information.
Personally, I like the answer to question 10…LOL! And I think it is Miller time right now!
Have a wonderful night! To Your Good Health! From Activz Honest Nutrition!